Begin Trusting Today
Friday, June 26, 2015
Always remember that right now you’ve got faith at least the size of a mustard seed. So use it. Put it to work with these six steps and watch your world change.
1. Together time—The key to developing a trust relationship with someone is to spend time together. The same is true with God. Communion between just the two of you is essential to the trust that will lead to health.
2. A quiet place—Do you have a favorite rocking chair, a secluded bench in the park down the street, or a well-worn pew in your church? That may be the perfect meeting place for you and God. Or, for some, it may be in the middle of rush hour with the car windows rolled up and the world on hold. Never miss a chance to create a “quiet place” for you and God to talk.
3. Scripture—Remember, it’s His personal letter to you. And He knows just what you need to hear!
4. Prayer—It can happen anywhere, anytime, and does not depend upon your posture or words. Prayer is talk—honest talk, fearless talk, friend with friend.
5. Books—Take a trip to a Christian bookstore. Wander the aisles and look at everything, especially the books under the “Devotional Reading” sign. Choose three or four of the most interesting and take them to the “reading” chair at the back of the store. Scan a page or two out of each, then select one to buy. We often see God best through the words of His friends. For CREATION Health devotional readings see www.FloridaHospitalPublishing.com.
6. People—Acquainted with someone who seems close to God? Get to know them. Ask questions. Listen. Follow their lead. They just may know the path!
You are invited to start your great adventure with Him—right now in prayer: “Dear Father, help me to start being honest and straightforward with You. Enable me to begin listening carefully for Your voice. Teach me how I can open up more of my life to You. Build my trust. Nurture my faith. In Your name I pray. Amen.”